The International Consortium for Educational Development (ICED) was established in 1993 as an international confederation of national societies to promote higher education academic development.
The aims of ICED are:
- to help partner organisations develop their capacity for educational development in higher education through the sharing of good practice, problems and solutions;
- to increase the number of partner organisations of ICED;
- to help educational developers in countries where no national network exists to form such a network;
- to support educational development in higher education in developing countries; and
- to link with other national and international organisations.
ICED members include HERDSA, SEDA in the United Kingdom, POD in the United States, and many other national societies whose names can be accessed from a list of member organisations. Each year the Presidents of each national society meet to share their experiences and identify ways in which ICED may provide international leadership of educational development. The Consortium publishes the International Journal of Academic Development (IJAD) and also sponsors a national conference every two years.
The 2014 ICED Conference website is: http://www.iced2014.se/
ICED is very keen to assist and welcome new members including new nations within Australasia. For further information on ICED, including the annual ICED conference, please contact the ICED website